1) Complete the following sentences.
- A toolbox displays the available colours and patterns.
- A text tool enters text in different fonts and sizes.
- 2) True or false.
- Bit-mapped graphics are raster graphics. False
- Aliasing is a greater problem with greyscale or colour graphics than black-and-white. False
3) What graphic tool am I?
- Fills an enclosed area with a chosen colour. Bucket tool
- Removes unwanted parts from a graphic. Cropping
- Creates an airbrush effect. Spray can
4) Answer these questions.
- What is aliasing? Editing a bit-mapped graphic at an object level is often a problem. Enlarging the graphic enlarges each pixel, creating a staircase pattern known as aliasing or jaggies
- When should you use a bit-mapped graphic? Bit-mapped graphics produce good quality images when shading and detail are required. They are excellent at manipulating detail in scanned images, such as photographs.